So much to be thankful for!!
1. I have news, but I will divulge in a couple of days. Prepare yourselves.
2. Today was my last day at the conference. I got to wrap up and give my final hugs goodbye.
3. Transportation! Despite the Yellow Line of the metro being down, unexpectedly, I made friends with another airport traveler and we managed to successfully navigate our way there with time to spare.
4. The restaurant nearest my gate was a Greek taverna. It was perhaps the best airport food I've ever eaten.
5. My friend picked me up from the airport and we went walking on treadmills, ie "for a walk", so we could catch up on life.
6. The namesake of this blog, and that which brought me the most gratitude: my landlords let me borrow their ski pants (that resemble the cover photo) and a broom so I could un-bury my car. Note: I do have an ice scraper, but it's a foot long, and we got a foot of snow. It would have taken me hours to remove it otherwise.
7. The fact that I escaped Rhode Island the day before it snowed 12" and returned the day before we're predicted to get more snow. (Mom, please thank the Poor Clares!)
8. I was able to drink a Drunken Raspberry Hot Chocolate tonight--and spread the joy with a novice--which was the perfect way to end a day of travel and snow brooming.