A hodgepodge of things
really random things:
- three kids liked my IG post (via work) about “gifts that give back,” which is exactly three more than have liked any post since October, when we ran our social media contest.
- there was a guy who took my class at the gym today! I COULD FINALLY DO HIGH OPTIONS WITH PEOPLE (usually the morning crowd is not excited about burpee tuck jumps)
- t was sunny
- I left the dentist’s office with a bag full of chocolate candy, which I found ironic (the candies are for social workers for tomorrow, donated by the hygienists who said, “Please take these away from us!” But it was funny: toothbrush & toothpaste, floss, bon bons, malt balls, and truffles).
- I made food. A real dinner, for one, and also peanut butter pumpkin balls*, coated in chocolate, which I remembered was a thing thanks to my five year journal (I made these treats this time last year) . Again, for the social workers.
*technically, cashew butter, but I prefer peanut for the alliteration
- receiving a postcard from Antarctica.
- seeing Sarah, catching up and having hot chocolate, as well as trying homemade yogurt, compliments of Matt! it reminded me of Greece.
- getting something in the mail that I’d bought for someone as a gift and forgotten about, and seeing it made me remember my joy at finding it in the first place! This person is going to be SO JAZZED to receive it!
- having my boss send me feedback from students (again, re:work) that said they thought the newsletters were fun and interesting. Whoa whoa whoa whoa. SOMEONE READ MY NEWSLETTER?? My life is complete!
- saw the cover photo passage relating to the Abraham story, but I didn’r remember Jesus saying that. It gave me goosebumps when I read the passage. Jesus for the win! What a mic drop.