Today I allowed myself the gift of indulgence.
Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be changing my normal routine in order to seek God in a new way, joining my church as we endeavor toward transformation. It's a two week venture (kind of like a spiritual retreat, but without going anywhere), and it involves the disciplines of prayer and fasting, and it's frankly something I'm not familiar with. Thus, it will require a lot of change, and sacrifice, and for someone who loves her daily routines (and coffee!), it's going to be a challenge.
But I'm excited for it.
However, since today was the last hoorah, my "Fat Tuesday" or Mardi Gras, if you will, I fervently enjoyed every minute of it.
- Coffee and hot chocolate [specifically, 'Drunken Raspberry Hot Chocolate,' which I wrote about more than once]
- Spin and Body Pump and Yoga
- Dancing in my apartment to Greek music
- Quality conversations with a new friend
- Finding a bunny in the snow
- Wearing fleece all day
- Figuring out how to make a new page
- Posting on all of my social media outlets
- Watching re-runs of How I Met Your Mother
It was the perfect Saturday of doing nothing while doing a lot of things.
Most of all, I feel ready for tomorrow and whatever the next two weeks will bring. Indulgence to sacrifice. Selfishness to generosity. Inward to upward.
For everything there is a season.
Let this be a season, and a year, of great and powerful transformation.